For the last several years, we have been fortunate to develop a strong relationship with our local Eggland’s Best farm. EB representatives Jerry Wilkins and Terri Heine came to our office last fall to make delicious omelets for our employees and also to share some great information about their eggs. See the picture below of Jerry and Terri making omelets.
The Eggland’s Best farm that we get our eggs from is in Platteville, only 18 miles from our office. This farm is 1 of 15 owner/operator farms of Eggland’s Best in the US. Derek Yancey is the owner, and his family farm is called Morning Fresh Farms. They have been raising hens and producing eggs for nearly 50 years and became an EB farm in 1992 when Eggland’s Best was first launched.
Derek always wanted to work in agriculture, specifically poultry. He graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in Animal Science and began working as a Production Manager for a turkey grower in Northern Colorado. According to Derek, “We are honored to say that Morning Fresh Farms remains family owned and operated after 48 years of doing business in Colorado.” Derek is dedicated to providing high quality, local, farm-fresh eggs to Colorado consumers. But to him, it’s more than just producing eggs; it’s about being a good steward of the land, natural resources, hens, employees, and community.
- This farm is one of the most environmentally conscientious farms in the US.
- The hens are 100% vegetarian fed which means there is 25% less saturated fat than an ordinary egg.
- EB eggs are higher in Omega 3’s, Vitamin E, and have 10 less calories per egg.
- Their Kosher Certification means there are no fertilized eggs on the farm.
- The USDA has published a study saying EB eggs are the freshest eggs. When we receive our eggs, they are 3 days fresh, which means we’re delivering you the freshest eggs available.
- Eggland’s Best offers both white eggs and cage-free brown eggs.
Since 1992 Morning Fresh Farms has won more quality awards than any other Eggland’s Best producer in the country.
We are happy to provide our customers with local, fresh, and delicious eggs from a family farm that we can trust.